How do I become a consultative patient?
For a new patient or an established, but not active, primary care patient, once you contact our office requesting consultative services, we will:
- Send you our Preliminary Questionnaire for Prospective Consultative Pediatric Patient.
- Our provider(s) will review the completed questionnaire and—at the provider’s discretion—make a determination if our practice looks to be a good fit for your need.
- If we make a positive determination, we will contact you to schedule the initial consultative appointment and provide you with the detailed historical questionnaire for you to complete prior to that appointment.
- If we feel we are not a good fit for your need, we will provide you with referrals, if possible, to other providers that may better fit your need.
For an established, but not active, consultative patient or an active primary care patient, once you contact our office requesting consultative services, we will:
- At the provider’s discretion determine if you will require an initial consultative appointment based on your existing relationship with us.
- If we determine an initial consultative appointment is required, you follow the procedures outlined above.
- If we determine an initial consultative appointment is not required, we will contact you to schedule your first/next consultative appointment. We may require—again at the provider’s discretion—that you complete the detailed historical questionnaire prior to that appointment.
For an active consultative patient, you may continue as a consultative patient.
Any newly established primary care patient that “develops” a need for consultative services within 12 months of their initial visit will be required to follow the above procedures for establishing as a consultative patient, and, as outlined below, the patient will not be allowed to retain us as his/her PCP.
As a consultative patient can Vibrant Kids Pediatrics be my PCP?
The following rules shall determine if you are eligible, as a consultative patient, to retain Vibrant Kids Pediatrics as your primary care physician (PCP):
- Any new consultative patient or any established consultative patient who is not an active patient must retain another physician as his/her PCP, i.e. you are not eligible to receive routine pediatric care in our office.
- Any active consultative patient will be “grandfathered in” and will remain eligible to receive routine pediatric care in our office. However, all such routine services will only be scheduled with our mid-tier providers; no routine pediatric services will be scheduled with Dr Dickerson.
- Any active primary care patient that develops a need for our consultative services will be “grandfathered in” as defined above.
Any newly established primary care patient that “develops” a need for consultive services within 12 months of their initial visit will not be “grandfathered in.”