The “Wellcheck EZ” Direct Primary Care (DPC) plan is a basic annual care plan for healthy patients that normally only visit our office for their annual wellness checkup. This plan allows for one (1) in-office, comprehensive wellness exam per plan year. No acute care is included.
Who is this plan for?
The Wellcheck EZ plan is for those families who do not wish to retain us as their primary care physician (PCP), but do wish to remain active with us for their annual wellness checkups.
Who is this plan not for?
The Wellcheck EZ plan is not appropriate for:
- Patients under the age of 2.
- Patients with chronic or recurring issues/illnesses that require on-going care.
- Patients that require periodic prescriptions for controlled substance medications, e.g. ADHD medications.
Using this plan.
By enrolling in the Wellcheck EZ plan you are making the choice to receive no acute care services from our practice. This is a bare-bones plan for those who do not want to enroll in a full primary care plan, therefore, this plan offers no acute care for any issue/illness that might arise, no messaging, texting or after-hours call, and no prescriptions.
This plan offers one (1) in-office, comprehensive wellness exam for the enrolled patient per plan year. This office visit must be scheduled by contacting our office. Please understand the following in regards to this annual visit:
- Vaccines are available as may be required for additional cost at our discounted DPC pricing. Should the patient require an additional visit(s) to receive the full course of required vaccines, the additional appointment(s) will be scheduled during your visit.
- Any forms requiring physician completion must be submitted/requested during the visit or within 30 days of the visit. Such forms include, but are not limited to, 3231s, 3300s, sport physicals, camp participation waivers, or medical exemptions. Any form requested outside the 30-day window may be completed for the additional cost of $25/form.
- If the patient is acutely ill on the date of the scheduled appointment, the appointment must be rescheduled. Families may be accustomed in the past to bringing a sick child in for their wellness exam to have the acute issue addressed during that visit, however, this plan does not offer acute care management, so, the wellness exam must be rescheduled.
- If the annual exam uncovers a concern(s) that suggests laboratory testing, testing is available for additional cost at our discounted DPC cash pricing or your third-party payer policy may be billed directly by the laboratory performing the testing. If an in-office or video call consult to review the lab results is required, it will be scheduled once the results are available and will be billed at our standard hourly fee-for-service consult rate of $400/hour. Should an issue be discovered that requires active care, the patient will be required to enroll in either a Consult or Primary Care plan, as appropriate, to maintain on-going care with us.